Back from my fantastic trip to Norway!
It was really great to see all my friends and family again!! And sad to leave them:( But I have to continue my "space education" down here:) Anyways, here are some pictures from my trip:
The picture above was taken from the airplane and shows the lovely mountains covered with snow - I actually miss the cold temperatures and the snow!
Below is my bestfriend Astri in front of the famous church in Trondheim:
And last, but absolute not least, are some of my beloved "dancing friends" (from when I was a dance instructor in Norway):
Btw, I was in Norway to hold two presentations to present the results from our Parabolic Flight Campaign this past summer. Besides from some technical problems, both presentations went well, and a huge chapter of my life is now concluded.
Since I got back I have mostly been catching up on my school work, which seems to be piling up every day... don't know how? ;) But I have also seen "Blood Diamond" with Greg - a really good and strong movie, leaves you with some tears and a lot of thoughts. Tomorrow I am hosting a Norwegian Dinner for my mentor group. I have already cooked the "raspeballer" and "risengryns grøt". The rest of the dinner will consist of "kålrabi stappe" and "pinnekjøtt" with "gløgg", "sandkaker", "goro" and "krumkaker" for desserts:) Since all us Norwegians know that beer is best with pinnekjøtt, I bought 24 beers for about 70 NOK (sorry, but I kind of have to brag about it...) ;)
This weekend I am leaving for Paris (I will tell you all about it later, hopefully illustrated with some pictures:) ) and on Monday I will host my second big Norwegian dinner, this time for all the other incredibly nice people who have already invited me over for a dinner since I came here.
Anyway, I hope the weather improves in Norway (seems pretty bad these days!) and that everyone out there are doing good and healthy:)
3 comments:
Godt å høre at du stikker innom Norge iblant! Kanskje jeg også er der neste gang du kommer til Trondheim, men akkurat nå koser jeg meg med studier i Stellenbosch, Sør-Afrika (vet ikke om du visste det). Her kan man også kjøpe rimelig mange øl for 70 kr, og man kan f.eks. gå på kino for 14 kr. Jeg så Blood Diamond her om dagen, og den gjorde inntrykk, særlig ettersom jeg så den her i Afrika. (Les mer på bloggen min om du vil.)
Ha det fortsatt fint med studier! :)
Va herlig å sje dæ danseberta!! =) Skrem folk på den måten, man kan jo få hjerteproblemer av mindre! ;) Uansett, her e adressen t den nye bloggen min som e adskillig mer oppdatert enn den du har drevet å sjekka. :)
www.maripari.blogspot.com
Smask og dask fra Mari
Heihei =)
Ligg noken bilde frå hjå Astri på bloggen min no!
Post a Comment