I thought it was about time I showed you some pictures of the beautiful city I live in, and also some pictures from my everyday life these days (or at least my everyday travelling...). This past week I had the "delight" of getting some sightseeing on my way home from work, as no trains were going that day and they decided to set up 1 extra train for all the destinations. So I went from Utrecht to Amsterdam to Schiphol to Leiden to Den Haag and almost all the way to Rotterdam - nice to be tourist one day huh:) But I keep myself occupied on the train reading a really good book, namely the "Rainbow Diary - A journey in the new South Africa". I can seriously recommend it, especially if you have been in South Africa yourself like I have. It's a backpackers book telling all kinds of fun facts about animals and history.
The pictures above showed you Delft, whereas the pictures below show you Rotterdam and Utrecht train station along with some bike pictures (you cannot show pictures of Holland without including some bicycles;) ):
Let me also tell you something about what I am doing these days, other than travelling to work everyday:) My work is going quite well, I am soon finished with the main part and then I will present the results at an ESA-conference 13th of November (for those who don't know; I am working on making radiative transfer simulations to prepare for sending a spectrometer+polarizer to Mars). Next to my work I have also been cooperating with some people on submitting an abstract to another ESA-conference (this one is on formation flying missions) which will take place in April 2008. And this coming week I will participate in a conference here in Delft for Sustainable Solutions - focus on Africa. So there are a lot of conferences!
But my life does involve other things as well:) This weekend I learned Greek folkdance, as I am part of a dance group (bunch of girls who meet every Saturday to teach each other a dance we know):) It is my turn to teach "FunkyJazz" in 3 weeks - uuææh! After the dance lesson some of us went out to have lunch at probably the best lunch place I know! They serve heavenly good bagels!!
Tonight my Portugese friends are coming over (yeah, in like 5 minutes or so, I know I am late! ;) ) to watch a movie and play some cards, and tomorrow I get a visit from a French friend who I haven't seen since the conference in Japan 2 years ago:) I like the weekends :D
Until next time everyone; take care of yourselves:)
1 comment:
Wow… you’re definitely a busy person, but it’s good to hear that is not only for work :P By the way, great pictures the ones that you have taken, but again they were taken by a “professional” so there is no way they couldn’t be great… :P
Tell me, what do you do to have “adventures” like that “sightseeing” of The Netherlands by train… :P
I wish all the luck with your conferences (and don’t let them stress you ;) ), with your internship and with your group dance… well, and with all the rest of course…
Take care ***
Post a Comment