Hi everyone:)
Just wanted to post some thoughts I had during my many hours on the train back and to work lately:) It will seem unorganized, but just bear with me okey? ;)
First I must tell you about the weirdest thing I saw: It was a cowhorse - yeah really!! At first sight it kinda looks like a deformed cow, until you notice that it is a horse with a very cowlike pattern - like identical! I saw 3 of them out the window the other day. Maybe I'll be able to post a picture here one day, we'll see.
Secondly; I listen to music a lot while I'm on the train. And when you listen to music you kinda block out the noise of the outside world, so for instance when people are talking around you - you can't hear a thing. Well, seeing this one lady which really made A LOT of gestures while speaking, I got to thinking of maybe that's how the deaf language came to be. Even though I wasn't very good at guessing what the heck she was talking about, I at least got a good show - cause she really made A LOT of gestures! :)
Talking about music; seeing the sunrise behind a mosque listening to Buddha Bar at the same time is really a nice experience, almost felt like I was on vacation in Marocco or somewhere, instead of on the morning train on my way to work...
Talking about travelling people; people do all sorts of things on their way to work - I see people brushing their hair, eating breakfast, eating dinner, eating in-the-middle snacks (yup, it is snackville delux on the train!), sleeping, reading books, watching movies on the computer, doing actual workstuff (just a few of them;) ) and the most amazing: a woman who was reading while she was walking - don't know how she did it! Btw, in Holland it is a tradition of giving out free newspapers to all the morning travellers, and these newspapers are being read by very many people. It got me thinking what kind of power the people who writes these things actually have...
Hehe, the other day I was sitting right opposite a teenage boy, and then two girls came and sat down at the two available seats next to us. The guy suddenly sort of noticed that he was surrounded by three pretty girls, and he decided to appear smart and immediatly picked up his physics book and pretended to read. But it was the worst pretending I have ever seen! :) He just didn't seem able to focus very much;)
Well enough with my babling, later on I'll tell you something more profound;) But before I "go" I just have to recommend a funny comedian (if you haven't already seen him): Pablo Francisco!!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! Great descriptions on your train trip… I never really realize that there are a lot of things happening around of us that most of the times we don’t even notice them. And reading your “thoughts” made me think about them so that I should try to look around me and see what’s happening around me.
Talking about events happening around us, it reminds me that another day that I was doing my trip between Delft and Kraggenburg (a small town in the North East of the Netherlands) by car and when I was passing close to Amsterdam the road was alongside the train tracks. At that time there was a train coming by and I started looking inside the train (of course not looking too much because I was driving) and I noticed that those people were living their lives normally and not paying much attention about was happening outside the train. Then I remembered the times I was in their place and I realized that most of the times I did the same. It was a deep moment :P
Well, it was very interesting to read your post. Please continue… ;)
Post a Comment